work finished.

Everything else goes in here

work finished.

Postby ALOSTMIND on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:54 pm

No more worl till may 3rd ! The sun is out I've been paid so cam afford petrol. Life is good. Any one got any rides planned over Easter ?
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): SUZUKI BANDIT 600

Re: work finished.

Postby oily85 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Nothing planned, but I'm off 'til the 3rd as well, any time the weather's nice and I'm fed up of working on the trackbike/waiting for paint to dry or not fixing the other cb, I'll be out.
It's not the ride, it's the rider.
oily85
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Bike(s): Daytona 675,2xCB500

Postby ALOSTMIND on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:12 pm

Well got the wife out for a blat ! Nearly 50 miles. Any one else been out ?
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Postby oily85 on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Yep, got through a tank and a half of petrol yesterday, then went round to my dad's, sat on my step-sister's swing, which then snapped when I was about 8 feet up. Don't think I broke anything, but my right hand and arm are really quite bruised, and I can't grip the throttle or front brake without it really hurting, so I think I'm out for this week.
oily85
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Postby ALOSTMIND on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Thrash a motor bike round a track all good ! Play on a child's swing and cause yourself damage !
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Postby Shez on Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:42 am

:
oily85 wrote:Yep, got through a tank and a half of petrol yesterday, then went round to my dad's, sat on my step-sister's swing, which then snapped when I was about 8 feet up. Don't think I broke anything, but my right hand and arm are really quite bruised, and I can't grip the throttle or front brake without it really hurting, so I think I'm out for this week.

Awww see what happens when we dont grow up :? ,hope ya bruising comes out quick. I done similar thing on my sons all terain board once,bruised myself,wrecked brand new pair of trainers and nearly broke my eldest sons leg,was so funny though (we were going hell for leather down a hill,he had a head start but I caught him up rather qiuckly and ploughed him straight into a fence,couldnt stear around him coz we were giong along a sunken path) Play with things we cant handle and look what happens :lol: Mind you oily,8ft up was being a bit keen werent it,ha ha,you defo like the feel of rushing wind. . . Hey did you hear it snap n think oh f* and it all go in slow motion or was it a case of one minute your super man n the next parts of you are hurting whilst sitting in the dirt like a sack of spuds :lol: Sorry dont wanna seem mean but you have to agree,stuff like that is funny lol
Shez
125cc racer
125cc racer

Postby oily85 on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 am

True Dean, but I wasn't wearing leathers on the swing.

It was a home made swing, when the ropes start to go slack, you're about 15 feet up. I know because I did it a couple of years ago. I guess the wood, which had been cantilevered out attached to a couple of trees, had rotted, and couldn't take the extra couple of stone I'm carrying at the minute. I actually landed on my arse, the bit of wood from the top followed me down and hit my arm. I can clench a fist without it hurting too much this morning, just can't straighten my arm.

No slow-motion, just snap, then lying in a heap on the floor with my nephew telling me to fix it so he could have a go.
oily85
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Postby Shez on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:35 am

oily85 wrote:True Dean, but I wasn't wearing leathers on the swing.

It was a home made swing, when the ropes start to go slack, you're about 15 feet up. I know because I did it a couple of years ago. I guess the wood, which had been cantilevered out attached to a couple of trees, had rotted, and couldn't take the extra couple of stone I'm carrying at the minute. I actually landed on my arse, the bit of wood from the top followed me down and hit my arm. I can clench a fist without it hurting too much this morning, just can't straighten my arm.

No slow-motion, just snap, then lying in a heap on the floor with my nephew telling me to fix it so he could have a go.

Lol,nothing like a bit of sypathy then. Hey could of been worse,thought you was gonna say that bit of wood that followed you down hit you on the head lol,could of been worse. Youll have to lay on ya tank so you can keep ya arm bent :?
Shez
125cc racer
125cc racer

Postby gouldie13 on Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:05 am

I'm another who's off until the 3rd, I managed to get out on saturday with my brother. We went to cromer and chilled with an ice cream which was nice.
Owned: Gilera DNA, Honda xlr125, Suzuki gsx600f, Suzuki DRZ400E, Yamaha TRX850, Yamaha thundercat 600, Honda Hornet, Aprilia RSV1000
gouldie13
Knee Down King
Knee Down King

Bike(s): Currently bikeless..

Postby ALOSTMIND on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am

Was out yesterday with bro. Went to wisbech then to speedway for a feed. To c and a for a dream. Then into lynn ! So all was good. Today he's off home so we are gonna head for eye motor cycles. Then hes got the ride to Portsmouth. Weather don't look to good today.
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Return to Off Topic