new member.

Welcome to NorfolkRiders - Come and say your hellos in here

new member.

Postby wallywant on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:55 am

Hi all trying out new site to see what information i can pick and look into.chrees
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Re: new member.

Postby Jazzman125 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:47 pm

Welcome to the forum!!
Never Argue With An Idiot As They Will Drag You Down To There Level And Beat You With Experiece
Jazzman125
Ped boi
Ped boi

Bike(s): '98 er5 restricted

Postby wallywant on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi ya jazzman.hows this forum doing as it dont seem very busy?i see you are local to me as i am in lynn? thanks for the contact.
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby stillstrange on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:03 pm

You will probably find lots of people lurk around here. I keep checking in every few days.

We had a good ride last year round the coast with several people from on here.

Paul who usually organises things decided to go and get himself married recently so guess thats why its been a bit quiet.

Welcome in.
stillstrange
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Bike(s): Yamaha Thunderace

Postby wallywant on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi ya stillstrange, yeah good to here i just came across the site when brwseing though google some how and thought i would join, i live in kings lynn myself so not to far from you or paul as it goes but dont know how to use the site very much as was looking to add pics of my bike but ??? still nice to meet other bikers too as by the way i ride a fz6 04 model i am useally careful and ride all weather but then i do drive a car as well cheers and do stay in touch.cheers.
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby stillstrange on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 am

Not far away at all. Just wish there wasnt so much crap on the roads otherwise I would still be out on my bike :)

for a guide on uploading pictures have a look here http://www.norfolkriders.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8
stillstrange
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Postby wallywant on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah thanks for that i will have get my old boi to do it for me as hes better and quicker on pc than me.i may be in my fortys but a little slow in getting things going lol, if you mention repairing cars or bikes thats a different matter as i do what i can to save money as i used to be a mechnic in one of our local taxi firms in lynn untill the owner passed away ( my father bless him) so i got to learn many many things.ok thanks again.karl....
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby Jazzman125 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm

yay more peope who are local we just need a good ride out (and maybe a pub meet) or something,
Never Argue With An Idiot As They Will Drag You Down To There Level And Beat You With Experiece
Jazzman125
Ped boi
Ped boi

Bike(s): '98 er5 restricted

Postby wallywant on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 am

Hi ya jazzman that sounds good to me maybe a coke not a larger lol just need some nice weather i dont mind a little rough weather but not so that i get soaked let alone come off my bike.whats your view?cheers
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby stillstrange on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:55 am

Pub meet sounds good to me ....................... oh wait I dont have any evening passes left with the daughter taking up most of my free time

Still hopefully when the weather improves next year then can have another ride or 3 :)
stillstrange
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Postby wallywant on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Oh no help,seem like we all have got proraties to consider first bless our children.i know how you feel as got 2 of my own 22 and 19 not to bad now at that age but still need attention and time...do any of you go to the fenman at all? as been a couple of times and seems to be ok and very packed.let me know your thoughts thank you.
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby stillstrange on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Do children get any easier as they get bigger?? Mine is only 12 weeks and seems to take up all time available and then a load more hours that shouldn't exist (but she is still wonderful so i dont mind too much)

Been to the Fenman a few times but it usually falls on a weekend when I am away and I usually walk there and forget how to get home :lol: :lol:
stillstrange
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Postby wallywant on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello all, just been to wheels motor cycles today 8/12/12 to look at a couple of bikes to exchange my fz6 in.would like your views on the following please. yamaha xj6s 600 as only looking to get to upgrade from a 04 plate to a 11 plate or a new suzuki intruder m800.still not sure weather to stay on a sports bike or relax on a cruiser as heading towards the fifty mark lol.
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby steveburrows on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Hi & welcome.
I've got the same model as you, a 2005 FZ6.
I have always ridden sports bikes, sold my R1 last year after riding a XJ6 on test from Tinklers.
I ended up with the FZ6, as its got 20odd more BHP than the XJ6, and suits my riding style better that the XJ6.
Excellent bike though, I was well impressed.
I personally wouldnt go for a cruiser, but then in a few years i may feel different
steveburrows
125cc racer
125cc racer

Bike(s): Yamaha MT09, PCX125

Postby wallywant on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi ya steve,thanks for the comments.it is such a shame but i have to add that i beleive i was stiched up on my fz6 as i was not told that it had 10 owners from new all though the bkie is not to bad but been used in all weathers and showing this as well but when i found out that it had all these owners i wondered why this has been traded in so much.after a close look you can see places which i think has had the frame apart in places and the odd bolt has been damaged. but any how it has gone at the week end as i did get the xj6 s 600,11 plate, i am well pleased as its a demonstrater so got it at the right price so looking forward to it... cheers and thanks.
wallywant
Ped boi
Ped boi

Next

Return to Newbies