A bit slow as of late / suggestions?

Any problems, suggestions or questions forum related in here.

A bit slow as of late / suggestions?

Postby Paul on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 am

Hi guys,

A couple of things really;

:arrow: The site has been running really slow as of late. Are you visiting and not posting? or just not visiting at all?
:arrow: Due to work i´ve not been able to put much in to the forum as of late. I appologise for this and i try and sort this out.
:arrow: i`m a tad slow with the bots atm as i`m the other side of the world, however i`ll be back on the 10th Oct and it`ll run as per norm.

and finally...

:arrow: What do you guys want? What would make this a better forum for YOU?

Thanks and sorry
Paul
And the Lord said unto John; "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bike(s): '99 Yam R6

Re: A bit slow as of late / suggestions?

Postby c-m on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 am

I visit to check out new posts, but don't really have anything to add.

I'm more interested in the specific forums for my bike and discussing it's benefits, drawbacks, mods etc..

What would be great though is if this forum had a section where people could post up any local bargains they've seen around.
c-m
Ped boi
Ped boi

Bike(s): Aprilia Falco

Postby ALOSTMIND on Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Hey Hey i'm on checking out most days but there ain't much new on !
Visit the banditforum as well ! i suppose more pepole on here, but i have meet some nice peeps off here !
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): SUZUKI BANDIT 600

Postby Turtle on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 pm

hi paul

im on here when i can but dont post alot as i run my own r1 and fireblade forum(r6's are welcome)

with the bots have you thought of adding the letter incription on to the register page i have it on mine and have no problem with bots any more

if ya need any help just ask bud but i sure ya capable

turtle
Turtle
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby Tavares100 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:12 pm

i check in a couple of times a day to see whats going on (often not alot) but i haven't really got anything to post.

Its probably just a case of spreading the word and how the weather is at the moment can't be helping.

Shaun.
CBT complete 04/12/06 - Eurostrada RX8 125cc (sold)
DAS passed 15/06/07 - 2004 Kawasaki ER-5 (sold) - 2002 Honda CB600 Hornet (current)
Tavares100
125cc racer
125cc racer

Bike(s): Honda CB600F Hornet

Postby Graham on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello Paul

I'm on once or twice a week at the moment.

I think maybe a few more rideouts/meets would be cool. Not much seems to have been going on for a while. Weather's getting a bit iffy now but would be cool if a few of us actually got out every now and then!
Graham
125cc racer
125cc racer

Bike(s): 06 Blade, KTM 690sm

Postby Rach on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

Graham wrote:I think maybe a few more rideouts/meets would be cool. Not much seems to have been going on for a while. Weather's getting a bit iffy now but would be cool if a few of us actually got out every now and then!

Hi Paul,i'm checking a few times a week but i do agree with Graham,some meets would be good. :thumbup:
Rach
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Bike(s): Triumph Daytona 600

Postby Paul on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Agreed.

Do you guys feel you need me to arrange these? Or are you just suggesting that more in general are needed?

I can arrange the meets but for the forseeable future (until my shift pattern is changed again) i won't be able to make most as i work mainly half nights/nights and weekends.

Its a shame we only have about 2 nice months of the year and by the looks of it the weather is getting worse and worse already.

I'll aim for getting loads of rideouts/meets arranged for next year.

Forum wise is there anything you would like?

Paul
And the Lord said unto John; "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bike(s): '99 Yam R6

Postby ALOSTMIND on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:40 pm

don't think theres any thing else you can do mate ! IMO it's down to us lot to use the site you have set up ! i stick stuff up on here that i find out about and jokes ! but its dishearting when no one comments on them ! even to tell you they are crap !!!! still have fliers in my wallet that i put on a few bikes ! think its down to making the effort !
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): SUZUKI BANDIT 600

Postby Andreus84 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Having ran and moderated a few different forums, I've found it hard to please everyone.

What you need to ensure is YOUR forum is the way that YOU want it.

People have a choice of liking it or not.

To get the forum a bit more active, you need to make sure it is something people know about, perhaps getting some buisness cards that can be left on bikes? Linking in with other forums, making sure you come up as number 1 in google search etc (using keywords)

Keep up the good work!
Andreus84

Bike(s): Suzuki Bandit 600

Return to OI, Admin!!