Your past bikes

Got a picture/video/sound clip of your bike? Why not share it in here.

Your past bikes

Postby Paul on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Let’s see some of the bad boys you've owned in your time:

First ever bike - 1985 Honda CG125 - I got it for Christmas when I was about 12. It had been sitting in a field rusting for a few years. Mums partner bought it for me and fixed it up. Rode it around a field for a few years till I was 17. Mums partner made it road legal for my 17th B'day pressie. Road it around for a few months, passed my test, and then decided it was time for something bigger:

'98 Kawasaki ER5 (Was in the TA at that time, hence the uniform) - Bought this bike of ebay for about £612 - Learnt a lot on this bike. First ever KD on this bike. Tried to learn how to wheelie but just couldn't pick it up enough. Came to a tragic end on 12th May 2005 when a car decided to do a 3 point turn from a parked position without checking mirrors which wrote off the bike and did this to me:

(Fractured right Clavicle (collar bone) and stable fracture to my T12 Vertebrae) which put me out of action for 3 months. Got £1k back for the bike from insurance and made £800 from selling the useable bits on ebay so made a profit :lol:. While still in that back brace and fed up of not having a bike I bought this:

Another Kawasaki ER5 2001 (I think, can't remember off the top of my head). - Another good bike. It was my commuter from Coventry to Essex, when going back and forth from Uni to home. Then found the next bike which I bought so sold this ER5 to a guy at uni for the same price I bought it.

My current bike - '99 Yam R6 can be seen in this (click) thread.

When the R6 was written off they gave me this steed for 3-4 weeks:

Suzuki SV650 - Loved the torque, fun to pop the front wheel up but a bit bland like the ER5s. After 3-4 weeks that was picked back up and I could ride the R6 again.

Last year I entered the BEMSEE 'Moped Madness' 3 hour endurance race, so I bought this bad boy for our team:

and 'race prepped' it to this: :lol:

3 of us in the team, unfortunately it broke down, got it working but then got a MASSIVE bit of metal in the rear tyre which ripped it to shreds. Determined to get back in the race we tried many fixes that just didn't work so in the end took the wheel off and I drove around looking for an open bike shop. Found one and they changed it over. Wheel back on and got back onto the last hour of the race. Over took a fair few people and didn't do as bad as we thought seeing as we only got 1hr of race time. If we had the full 3 hours I reckon we could have been in the top 15 out of around 50.
And the Lord said unto John; "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bike(s): '99 Yam R6

Re: Your past bikes

Postby Canary Wundaboy on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:11 pm

My first 2 wheeled machine, my 2004 Yamaha Aerox 50cc:

Had that for a few months, decided it was time for something bigger...so I bought this:

Sold that at the beginning of May, pass my test, now have my Hornet. :D
Canary Wundaboy
Ped boi
Ped boi

Bike(s): '98 Honda Hornet

Postby Weedy on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:46 pm

This was my baby (AKA "Donkey"....It's a long story!)

I miss him and his obnoxious start-up backfire :cry:
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them"
Weedy
Knee Down King
Knee Down King

Bike(s): Bikeless for now

Postby Phil_Norwich on Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:37 pm

Weedy wrote:This was my baby (AKA "Donkey"....It's a long story!)

I miss him and his obnoxious start-up backfire :cry:

Did you sell that to a Lithuanian guy? I went to see a GPZ in Cambridge, looks exactly the same. He said he brought it from somewhere up here and it had DRD stickers on it.
"If its got tits or pistons its gunna be expensive"
Phil_Norwich
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): VFR400 NC30

Postby Weedy on Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:47 pm

I gave it back to my ex. As far as I can remember it had a foam black tank protector with a pink "K" on it and a silver "IXION" sticker on the screen (IXION was the bike-group I was in with him).

He lived in St Neots, but it's possible he sold it on :cry:
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them"
Weedy
Knee Down King
Knee Down King

Bike(s): Bikeless for now

Postby Rach on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:10 pm

The GSX600F was my very first bike! I wanted something not too perfect,had a fairing and didn't cost the earth,so this is what i got.
[url]Image[/url
Rach
DAS'ing
DAS'ing

Bike(s): Triumph Daytona 600

Postby Knacker on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:24 pm

I nearly bought a GSX off a guy in wymondham but he wanted alot of money for it and it didnt run keys missing loads of things wrong and a hideous paint job lol
Knacker
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): 99' GSXR 600 SRAD

Postby themoog on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Phil_Norwich wrote:Did you sell that to a Lithuanian guy? I went to see a GPZ in Cambridge, looks exactly the same. He said he brought it from somewhere up here and it had DRD stickers on it.

AHHHHHH...that was my old one! N378 AMK iirc. I sold it to him and, as soon as he left my road, I regretted it and it's up there with the biggest mistakes I have EVER made.

Had he ruined it? I spent hundreds on that bike...only thing I didn't get round to doing was having the fairing sprayed the correct colour. Is it still for sale? Do you know where it is?

I would gladly have that bike back.

Anyway, here are pics of my past bikes from past (CBR125RR) to present (CB250RS).

CBR125RR in Repsol colours.

My GPZ500S in metallic nucturne blue (why oh why did I sell it) :cry:

KLX250A1 (why oh why did I buy it) :cry:

My current ride - CB250RS.
Being from East Anglia I'm afraid I don't speak slack-jawed northern monkey!
themoog
Ped boi
Ped boi

Postby ALOSTMIND on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:23 pm

GO GO POWER RANGERS ! i don't care ! Go on give it your best shot ! I have broad shoulders !
rode this to the isle of wight & back ! less than a month after passing my test !
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): SUZUKI BANDIT 600

Postby robwoods on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 pm

My first half decent bike, numerous fizzies, c90's er's and dt's before this but none were worth photographing!
I crashed this bike 18 years ago the morning after a heavy night on the lash,The pins in my arm still give me grief, learned my lesson about mixing alcohol and bikes!
robwoods

Bike(s): VFR1200F

Postby ALOSTMIND on Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm

brought this in abox ! put it in the boot of the car & rebuilt it wiv DAD (17-03-08 R.I.P.)(james dean eat your heart out) ! done a 600 mile road trip on it ! tappets were abit noisy but it kept on going !
ImageImage
ALOSTMIND
Trackday Rookie
Trackday Rookie

Bike(s): SUZUKI BANDIT 600

Postby Trix on Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:29 pm

My first ever bike, GSXR 400,it was a big ole lump of metal.................

Then had a 2000 GSXR S-Rad, then moved onto this.........

GSXR 600 K4

But then I saw the light and moved to the Yamaha camp :clap:
Trix
125cc racer
125cc racer

Bike(s): R6, GSXR 600 K3 TB

Postby Shez on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 pm

Hope im doing this right,if you cant see the photo then ive done it wrong :doh: but anyways this should be a pic of my mine n the hub's old bikes,hub's zx7r and my vfr400 nc30 Image
Shez
125cc racer
125cc racer

Return to Media Gallery